Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Keeping the Dragon at Bay

When my alarm went off at 5am this morning I growled at it.  This is not a cute way of putting it - I flat-out growled at it and started to roll back over to catch another hour of sleep.  Screw the morning writing session.  My bed was comfy and warm.  The comforting shape of my wife slumbered next to me.  Hell, even the Gorram Cat was still asleep at my feet instead of tearing around the house like her tail was on fire, as she is wont to do at the crack of dawn.  All good.

I got up anyway, lurching and staggering tot he bathroom to handle ablutions and get to the writin'.  The temptation is huge to slack off, but this is something I need to finish.  So I'm going to try to use this dopey blog as a hammer to keep myself in line and force myself to report how many words I write each morning.  If I don't do anything then I have to suffer the shame of posting that here (although I gotta say if my wife rolls over and give me that look that says maybe it would be in my best interests not to head off and write at precisely that moment, I'm going to be okay with taking a zero that say.  Just saying.

I realize this won't make for the most scintillating reading but perhaps it will inspire me to update this with more interesting bits as well.  Who know.  Could happen.  Anyway, when all was said and done (specifically, when I stopped screwing around and actually wrote) I did 588 words in 30 minutes.  On to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment