Monday, November 4, 2013

Still Stings

I haven't been writing or submitting much short fiction over the past few months as I've been focused on the novel, but I had a novella out there for an anthology I felt pretty good about. The rejection was waiting for me when I got home this weekend, saying it was 'interesting' but they were going to pass.

It stings. Every time, every rejection, it stings. It's frustrating and maddening and even after time passes and I go back and say yeah, maybe they were right - it still stings.

But then I got notice of yet another payment for my Machine of Death story and I felt better again. Heh.

writing: 721 words. If I ever had an afternoont o myself I could probably finish the damn thing in one swell foop. Fell soup. Bell Swoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment