Friday, November 1, 2013

NanoWriteNo

It's a personal thing, but I'm not a fan of NanoWritMo or whatever it's called. I understand the motivation behind it and what it's trying to produce but if you force people who can't stick to a regular schedule on their own and force them to produce every day the likelihood of the result being poor product almost has to increase exponentially. I'm sure there are examples of very fine things being written under those constraints but I have to believe the majority is just ugly.

Am I being snooty because I stick to a 'write every day' schedule every day anyway? Maybe. Could it be from under my editorial hat? Also possible. Am I going to begrunge and dismiss something someone write this month? Absolutely not. Am I going to be surprised if said book-length manuscript is of underwhelming quality. No.

::shrug::

writing: somewhat ironically, I worked on my editing job this morning as I'm falling behind. Zero words. That will be amended either tonight or tomorrow. Maybe both.

No comments:

Post a Comment