Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Because Why Not?

So, it seems that this fall I'm going to lace up the skates, put on the foil, and put the biscuit in the basket by joining an adult hockey league. This sounds awesome and fun and very interesting because, well, I don't know how to skate.

Well, let me amend that. maybe thirty years ago I could wobble around without falling.  And fifteen years ago I got good enough at rollerblading to annoy dozens of motorists by zooming along in the shoulder. Top that off with my only concentrated hockey playing being in the street when I was a kid and you might be well within your rights to ask, 'Why are you doing this?'

Well, why not?  The league is 'no experience necessary,' so I imagine it'll be a lot like those games you see in between periods at arenas where they drop the puck and all the little kids fall over.  So what?  It'll be fun. I had to give up rugby due to time constraints and while I would love love LOVE to go back to martial arts that's not feasible just yet, so this . . . why not? I roped in two suckers  friends to do it as well and I'm just waiting for details from the league commissioner. Oh yeah, it's going to happen.

Because why not?

writing: 504 words. Tough slog, as I really wanted to be editing someone else's work. Is it sick that I really, really enjoy doing heavy/developmental copyediting? THEN I"M A SICK MOFO. 

Drop the puck, baby.  Time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment