Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's Not Evil, It's Challenging

I created a new monster (or monsters) for my Pathfinder group. That's unusual for me, as I tend to pick and choose among things already established and we're running Jade Regent (not my choice - it was requested by someone who left the group before we started without a word) anyway.  But i was reading something to my daughter and I was like, 'Hey, this would be cool!' I need to keep challenging them, as one guy is a power gamer who knows exactly the right spells for his wizard  to be a nightmare for me. At low levels it was Pyrotechnics to blind the bad guys. Soon after it was Haste on his summoned celestial snow leopards to tear my evil characters to shreds (and ye gods - 5 attacks with pounce and smite Evil. It's even worse when he sends the lantern archons with their touch attacks). Now it's Confusion to screw things up . . . but this will be lovely. LOVELY.

Writing: 681 words. I'm cranking now. If I didn't have to go to work I would have finished the book today, easy. IN THE ZONE

No comments:

Post a Comment