Monday, June 24, 2013

Well, I Guess I Have To

I am slowly, slowly coming to terms with the concept of self-promotion.  I am the type of dude who doesn't want to bother anybody and feels uncomfortable tooting my own horn, so to speak.  Still, I've come to learn it's something I actually need to do if I want my stuff out there.

I should have know it long ago.  I remember reading this on a packet of sugar, and it always stuck with me:

          He who has a thing to sell and goes and whispers in a well,
          Will not make as many dollars as he who climbs a tree and hollers.

Goofy, but pretty apt.  Anyway, this is my roundabout way of notifying, uhm, the world or something, that my story 'And the Chilean Sea Bass Was Overcooked, Too,' has been published in the One Sentence Story Anthology, which is available here:  http://thechairparade.com/OneSentenceStories/

The .pdf is free but there's also a very attractive print version available for only $5, including illustrations by Katie Sekelsky.  The editor is Matthew Bennardo and he did a great job - the stories run the gamut from sweet to heartwrenching and just about everything else in between.  If you like the .pdf please consider spending the fin and helping out an indie publisher.

In other news, my alarm didn't go off this morning at 5am and I missed my writing session.  I'm pissed about it, which is a good thing.  Not the missing the session, but being ticked about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment